Saturday, April 18, 2009

Exam time

When I was young, my parents would try to bribe me with stuff to get me to do well but they understood later on that a "prize" in return of good grades did not interest me. I dont want to prove to anyone how good i am. Whatever I do, I do it for myself and no1 else. I love exams. Yes! its weird....but I do. I love competition. I believe it brings out the best in me. Exams which are actually testing intelligence, understanding and application of theories, I am up for it anytime!
But Im surprised that MBA exams here are a test of memorization. The "toppers" are ppl who are good at memorizing. Well, good for them! They have the power of reproducing things without innovation. Yay! :I
Well, I dont like to memorize stuff just coz. I want to understand. If I have understood then I dont need to memorize. I am in the MBA program to learn, if i have learned and understood but cant reproduce it in a paper in the same bulleted list the professor wrote it, its fine by me!

No comments: